Monday, April 23, 2012

Jeannie

I've made another new quilting friend and I love it! Having a friend to share the joy of quilting with is so fun and motivational!! Jeannie has let me quilt 3 of her quilts now and I hope that I will get to continue quilting for her for a long time to come. First up was a kitty quilt...
When we were choosing a pattern to quilt on it I looked closely at some of the prints on the quilt. In each of the panels the kittens are playing with yarn and in another print there is some tightly wound ribbon so I suggested that we do some loops over the whole quilt. I had a lot of fun with this one!
I quilted three loops in the same direction, very close together so that it looked like ribbon does right after you curl it with scissors, then all over loops around it. The over-all effect was really neat! Here is a more solid print so you can see the quilting a bit better...

The second quilt that I quilted up for Jeannie was a sampler quilt. This is the second sampler quilt that I have quilted from this class, but I got to do a different design on this one. Since the border fabric had very prominent flowers, we decided to go with the daisy pattern. Somehow I forgot to take pictures of it...hmm. But you will have to take my word for it, that it was really cute and the backing showed off the pattern of the quilting very well. Jeannie, if you have pictures of it...please email them to me and then I will update this post with them!

The third quilt was a fishy quilt. We looked through my patterns and found a couple that would work, but then our friend Annie and I had a great idea, why not make it look like water, so I free motion quilted the next one, which is a lot of fun for me. I love being able to stand at the front of the machine!!! When I quilt with a pantograph, which is a specific design, I stand at the back of the machine and I watch the pattern that I am tracing with a laser light, which means that I don't get to see the quilt as much...anyways back to Jeannie's quilt...I used a variegated thread that goes from a light blue, to medium blue, to purple. The changing colors made the water effect even more prominent.
Lets get a closer look...

Wow, those pictures can get big!  Here's another
And here is a picture of the backing...

I had a lot of fun quilting for you Jeannie!
Happy quilting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment