Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Time

The Christmas rush is in full swing around here! I've been really busy quilting, but I wanted to take a moment to show you some of what I have been up to!
This quilt was made by Gloria for her sister.

She used some pretty batiks with a lot of tropical floral prints on them which gave me the perfect chance to try out my newest pattern "Caribbean"

 I used a light purple thread which showed up really great in the lime green sections and on the dark purple backing!

This next quilt was made by Becky. She used those adorable Dr. Seuss fabrics! When I first looked at the quilt the circles all over the fabrics jumped out at me so I quilted a large pebble pattern all over it.


 This next quilt was made by Carol.
She told me that she has pieced this quilt a few times, never finding quite the right balance of fabrics. One day she was looking through a quilting magazine and she saw these applique flowers, she knew that she had to put them on this quilt and I think that the results are stunning! It made an ordinary log cabin quilt extroardinary! I quilted Plummage, an all-over feathery pattern onto it using a yellow thread and I think it turned out great!



Allrighty, back to work! Merry Christmas and Happy Quilting everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment