Sunday, November 11, 2012

Jordan

Those of you who know me, or have visited my home, know my daughter Jordan. She is a hilarious, talkative, adorable 4 year old. She keeps getting bigger, and so quickly!!! So, my husband and I have decided that it is time to move her from a day bed to a twin sized bed, so you know what that means right? A new quilt. Being the novice mom that I am, I asked her opinion as far as what she would like her quilt to be. I pulled out a bunch of quilting magazines and books and we looked and looked...and looked. In my mind I was going to do a simple quilt, a take 5 or Just Can't Cut it, the kind that take a day to piece. Jordan had something else in mind. She wanted pink, I wanted purple...I swear she had different ideas on everything. Why did I ask her what she wanted? The world will never know...but the quilt turned out great!
 Jordan and I decided to pick a block out of Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine, so I made 25 of those, then I decided to put them on point, and added 2 borders. The quilt grew and grew!! It ended up being 82 X 103"...very large for a twin bed, but hey, it will be big enough for when she moves up to a queen sized bed, right?
 Look at that happy face!
I quilted this fun feather pantograph on it. It's called fantasia and is just beautiful on everything!!

Speaking of Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine...
I do pattern testing for that magazine. It is a lot of fun, they send me the instructions for a block, then I make it, making sure that all of the instructions are there and correct. It is so much fun when I get the magazine and see my name in print there.
 For this issue I also got to make a quilt for the magazine! What a thrill! They sent me the fabric for the top and I got to design a quilt based on the blocks that I tested. Mine is #8.

I used an all-over feathery pattern on this quilt as well, called Plummage. It also looks fantastic on every type of quilt.
Happy quilting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment