Thursday, June 7, 2012

More Custom Fun

Stunning right? This quilt intimidated me from the moment I saw it. In fact, I took so long figuring out what I shoudl do on it that I almost missed my deadline to get it back to my customer! Kris, I hope you love this quilt as much as I do!!  This quilt will be in the Marin County fair this year and I am so excited to hear what the judges think of it. Leave a comment telling me what you think!
This is my version of a curly cue feather...
The corner, I curved the feathers around the whole border, the corners all look like this. I had a lot of fun creating these feathers for the border. So much fun, in fact, that I used the same look in the sashing as well.
Here is a picture of the backing fabric so that you can really see the feathers.

The blocks got some micro loopies to make the blocks pop out, check out these itty bitty loopies!

Next up is Elise's quilt. Elise, Kris, my Mother-in-law Kathi and I all went to a quilt retreat, which was taught by Linda Ballard. This is Elise's finished product...someday I will have time to quilt my own quilt top that is in the same pattern but different fabrics, and I will share photos when I do.
I got to do some custom quilting on this lovely quilt as well. I chose some linear patterns, some curvy patterns, and some orange peel patterns This is the final result.
The lines were more difficult to create than I thought they would be. It's easy to get the ruler and do the lines themselves, but trying to stitch in the ditch that quarter inch to get to the next line was more difficult than I expected.
Orange peel. This turned out so neat! I didn't think that at my skill level I could do something like this, but confidence in yourself is more important than anything and I am learning! My fellow longarming friend told me how to accomplish this look, and while I will be the first to admit that it is not perfect, I still think that it turned out pretty darn good!
This border treatment is called Piano Key. Turned out so neat. Thank you so much to my friend Tenna for helping me come up with the design to quilt onto this quilt! Also a big thanks to Elise and Kris for believing in me so much to send me their beautiful quilts for me to add my own touch to.
Happy Quilting everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment