Monday, September 9, 2013

School has begun!


Wow. I am a mother of a kindergartener! I can't believe that it is time for this already. Jordan is starting her fourth week of Kindergarten already. Boy, I thought once she started school I would have a lot more time to quilt, but it has not been the case. There are 28 children in her class. 28!! And only one teacher. Talk about outnumbered! The teacher asks for 2 parent volunteers per day so I have been helping out at the school a couple of times a week, in fact I am due over there in 20 minutes so I'd better make this fast!
I've been wanting to update you all on what I have been up to. I've had the great opportunity to work on a lot of beautiful quilts lately, here are just a few of them!
This first one was made by Annette and she titled this quilt "Midnight Stars"

Isn't it beautiful? I love the pumpkins in the corners. She wanted some custom stuff in the borders and my all-over pattern "Pumpkin Meander" in the center. I chose to do a simple stipple around the applique and then go back with clear thread and outline all of the applique so that it popped!
We were both very happy with how it turned out!
It's hard to get a picture of the quilting sometimes, but this is what was in the center. Pumpkin Meander!
Next up is Annie's Marmalade quilt. She got a layer cake of Bonnie & Camille's line of fabric called "Marmalade" and she made this lovely quilt out of it!
 
 
 
I put what is probably my most used pantograph pattern ever onto this quilt, "Sunday" and I think that it turned out great.
My little helper helped me unroll this quilt once it was finished!
Allright, she's being shy...but she helps me unroll a lot of the quilts. She likes to help me out!
I have another Scrap Squad quilt to be revealed on Quilty Pleasures this Friday, so please make sure to stop by and let me know what you think!
Happy Quilting!
 


1 comment: