Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Market

International Quilt Market was last week. If you read a few quilters blogs...you've probably read enough about Market by now...but just in case, I'll share a few photos of my experience as well! Maybe you will see something in my photos that you didn't in another's post.
I couldn't decide who I was most excited to see...my favorite fabric designers that I have loved for over 8 years...or my buddy Angela Walters...or the Quiltmaker Magazine editors that I have been working with for the past couple of years. They are all superstars in my book...well we are just going to have to go in the order of folks as I saw them. First up, my buddy Angela Walters.
Isn't she cute? She was at market debuting her 2nd line for Art Gallery Fabrics "Legacy" The prints were inspired by her favorite quilting designs...and they are gorgeous!

She is an amazing longarm quilter and an amazing teacher. I have learned a lot of her techniques and enjoy using them in my every day quilting.
When I was having fun at Angela's booth she decided to tattoo my arm. . . with markers. The funny thing was while I was hanging with her at her booth a lot of other ladies came up and asked for a tattoo as well.
I also came across one of my best online friends I've ever had, Mrs. Diane Harris, Interactive Editor for Quiltmaker Magazine, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a picture with these two lovely ladies!
Meeting Diane (Left) was a dream come true. I have been working with Diane since my very first project with Quiltmaker Magazine in June of 2011. I have enjoyed staying in touch and working with her ever since. Diane is not only in charge of the Quiltmaker blog, but also their facebook page AND she is the Scrapsquad wrangler!

Not only did I get to meet Diane (Right to left), but I also got to meet Eileen Fowler, Assoc. Editor, (then there's me) Carolyn Beam, Quiltmakers Creative Editor, Anne Wiens, fellow Scrap Squad member, AND June Dudley, the Editor in Chief.
We had a blast getting to know each other over dinner. I had such a good time that my cheeks were literally hurting from smiling so much! Thanks so much for a wonderful night out ladies!!!

Last but not least, the ladies from Me and my Sister.
Oh my word, these ladies are a hoot! They are every bit as fun and sweet as they seem from their blog. I've made at least 5 or 6 quilts out of fabrics that they have designed and I have collected quite a bit more fabric to make even more quilts. Their newest line is adorable! It is bright fun florals, which is their niche. Check out this adorable quilt that they designed and made out of their newest fabric.
I can't wait to break into a fat quarter bundle and get started on it!
More pictures from Quilt Market:
I must make this quilt. I love these color combinations...I look at this quilt and it just says..."me"
I'm going to be working on a quilt for my local quilt shop in the next week...the funny thing was that I saw the quilt and the designer while I was at quilt market. I took advantage and had to check out the quilting on it so that I can get ideas for when I quilt mine. P.S. that is Nancy Halvorsen!!
I'm loving this batik quilt. What a gorgeous way to use up some of my scraps!
This is Vanessa Christensen from V&Co. I love her new fabric line that is coming out, I was lucky enough to be able to snag a bundle of this fabric at sample spree.
There was some amazing quilting that I got to look at. Unfortunately I didn't always pull out my camera and snap a pic, but here are two of my favorites...
One cool thing that happened was I saw this quilt in the magazine booth and it reminded me of a quilt that my friend Nancy McNally had made, then I remembered that it had made the cover of a magazine and realized that it probably was her quilt...so I snapped this pic and sent it to her via facebook to find out if it was hers...well it was! She didn't even know that it was going to be at market...so it was a nice surprise for her and for me!
I can't possibly put everything into one blog post...quilt market was every bit as amazing as I had imagined it being and I hope that I will be able to attend it again!
Happy Quilting everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment