Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Patterns

I swear, any time that I order new pantograph patterns I am like a kid in a candy store. This time I had to limit myself more than ever, there are some gorgeous patterns out there that I would love to own, but the expense keeps me from buying everything I want. It's just like fabric...I want it all!!!
I decided on these four...they are all priced at a penny and a half a square inch.
This one is titled Haiku. I chose it because I wanted to have something manly, but also modern. I can't wait to quilt this one!!!


This next one is titled Shangri-la. These names are hilarious, I don't know how they come up with all of them. Anyways, I have a few leafy patterns, but this one has that lovely swirl in it and I like the shape of this leaf. I hope to get to use it soon!

This one is called Feathers A La Mode. I saw it on a fellow quilters blog and I knew that I had to have it. I love my over-all feathery patterns that I have already, but this has a new spin on it, literally.

Luckily for me, I have the best customers in the world! I mean it!! A few of them drop their quilts off with me and tell me to put whatever I want on them, so I got to use this pattern on a quilt the other day! Here it is.
I got to use it on a twister quilt. I thought it worked perfectly. I used a slightly contrasting thread color on the back so you could really see the quilting.
 
Oh I love it! After months of using the same patterns, this is so refreshing!!

The last new pattern is titled "Butterfly Beauty"
This quilt is intended for a four year old little girl. Luckily I have a four year old little girl in-house so I got her opinion on what I should quilt onto this quilt. She loved the butterflys and a light pink thread, so off we went!!
The butterflys are simple, but absolutely adorable.
 
 

What do you think? Which new pattern is your favorite?
In other news, I got to custom quilt a couple of fun ones!!! This one is called Funky Flowers and was designed and made by Carol.
I put an all-over leaf pattern on the outside border in purple, she wanted it to really show up, and it certainly does.
There were a few butterfly's in the quilt and they got a sweet little feather in their wings. I think those are my favorite part of the whole thing!
The flowers were echoed and I put my river water pattern in the background. I really love the originality of this quilt and I had a great time quilting it!
 
I also got to work on a Halloween quilt this week. When I was deciding what to quilt on this one all I did was look at the pattern on the fabric and it was easy!

The star fabric got stars and loops...

The striped fabric got stripes, just in the opposite direction...
 
And the border was pebbled!!
 
Fun fun fun!
I thought I would give you a sneak peak of my next Scrap Squad quilt...I am busy working on it. The top is finished and I think it is rockin!!  I got some backing fabric the other day for it and now I am just figuring out how to quilt it. If you want a sneak peak at it...here ya go! As usual, color is the word of the day! Tune in on the first friday of April so you can see the whole blog! I am really excited about this one.

 
Well, I'd better get back to it! Happy quilting everybody!







No comments:

Post a Comment