Monday, February 27, 2012

I had a busy weekend with quilting! I pieced and almost completed a quilt top (to be shown later), and I quilted two quilts. The first was one of my own, so I got to do some custom quilting on it. The quilt title is "Glory Bound" by Bonnie Blue Quilt designs, I added an outer border to it and put it on the quilt rack.

I quilted different sized stars and loops over the entire quilt and I really love how it turned out.
It is so fun to know that I made this quilt without anyone else working on it, I picked out the fabrics, pattern, sewed all the pieces together, and quilted it myself. It's a great feeling!
The next quilt that I quilted this weekend was a baby quilt for a family member, Jen pieced the quilt and brought it over for me to practice on! Thanks Jen!
As you can probably guess, the quilt is for a little girl, she was born a couple of weeks ago.
Jen hand quilted her name onto this block so I did some custom quilting around the name so that it really stood out.
The rest of the quilting was a pantograph. It was a perfect pattern for a baby girl quilt with sweet little flowers, ribbons and heart shaped leaves.
Thanks again for letting me quilt this for you Jen! I had fun and learned a bunch!



1 comment: