Monday, February 4, 2013

Scrap Squad

Today is an exciting day for me! Quiltmaker magazine has introduced me and the rest of the Scrap Squad on their blog today. Check it out here!: http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/
I have had a blast so far and I was told that I am allowed to show you a snippet of the quilt. You'll have to wait until early March to see the full quilt.
If you know my quilting style at all, then you know I love to use bright colors...and this quilt was no exception. I chose to use batiks.
That's a nice preview photo, don't you think? Whenever I piece quilts, I generally have my laptop in there playing an episode of Friends. I love that show, and I have seen each of the episodes so many times that I don't have to sit there and watch it! I can just listen and know exactly what is going on. It still makes me laugh while I am concentrating on my piecing. Of course, there are always snacks of some sort in the room as well. This time it was Hershey's Hugs and Reese's. Yum! Maybe I should try carrots and broccoli sometime. HA!
I have a facebook page for my quilting. I would love it if you checked it out! http://www.facebook.com/#!/NicolesLongarmQuilting
I can't wait to share the whole quilt with all of you, but I have to wait until Quiltmaker reveals it first!
Until then, Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment